This pasta dish will allow you to soak up those last bit of summer’s evening rays just a bit longer! No prep at all; it seriously takes less than fifteen minutes to whip up! AND you’ll be using up that bounty of summer basil you grew outside, in the widow, etc. Add a bit of heart-healthy avocados, immunity-boosting garlic and detoxifying lemon and you’ll wind up with a creamy sauce that you won’t believe is vegan.
- 8 oz elbow noodles (we used quinoa noodles)
- 3 garlic cloves (we bumped it up a notch because we love garlic but the original recipe calls for 1-2 cloves)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Fresh Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large avocado, pitted and flesh removed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Lemon zest
- Extra basil for serving
Putting it together:
Putting it all together:
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the elbows according to the directions.
To make the sauce: Combine the garlic and basil in a food processor and pulse. Add the lemon juice, oil, and avocado and process until smooth. You can add 1 tablespoon of water here if the sauce is too thick.
- Drain the pasta and add it back to the pot. Add the avocado sauce and stir until combined
- Top it all off with lemon zest, pepper, and basil leaves if you wish.